Black pepper is well-known to be a spice that you can use when you cook some of your meals. However, many people do not know that this spice is actually used in India and other countries to take advantage of its healing properties. Aside from giving a spicy bite to your food, here are the reasons why black pepper should be a part of your cooking:
1. Anti-Bacterial: Black pepper actually has anti-bacterial properties that can help promote digestive tract health. It fights bacteria that can enter your gut and other parts of the body, so you feel better and become healthier.
2. Anti-Inflammatory: if you have problems with inflammation or you have health conditions that suggest it is due to inflamed systems, such as asthma, arthritis, and perhaps autoimmune disease, you should add black pepper into your meal’s ingredients.
3. Full of Nutrients: Black pepper comes with a number of nutrients, including dietary fiber, vitamins C and K, manganese, and iron. Even the peppercorn’s skin is nutritious as it can help heal and purify your body, so that free radicals can be eliminated from the body.
4. Indigestion Cure: If you are not feeling well because of a stomach bug, you can get rid of this with the help of black pepper. It contains piperin, which can increase the production of hydrochloric acid in your stomach. As a result, the digestive process becomes much smoother. Additionally, gas and bloating can be reduced just by consuming black pepper.
5. Vitiligo Remedy: Persons with leukemia or vitiligo have light patches on their skin because of lack of pigmentation. For many years, black pepper has been used to treat this condition, as practiced in Ayurvedic medicine. There are actually a number of oils and ointments that can be applied to the skin to reduce vitiligo and they contain black pepper. When applied, this promotes the production of melanin.
6. Fat Fighter: If you are trying to lose weight, now is the time to add black pepper to your meals. This is because as an ingredient, it can assist in breaking down of your fat cells. If you exercise and you have a strict diet, black pepper can help your body respond faster to your weight loss strategy. Aside from that, this spice is effective in boosting your metabolism and aids in getting rid of belly fat.
Black pepper can help in the absorption of nutrients in the body. However, Indians recommend that you should not consume black pepper in large amounts because it can irritate the gut.